Fight against terrorism financing: public / private synergy
- Wednesday 20 October 2021
Wednesday 20 October 2021 - 14:00 - 15:30
Duration of the event : 01h30
OrganisateursMILIPOL & IHEMI
Counter-terrorism: the security continuum. What place for private operators?
France, as a country exposed to terrorism, has organised, institutionalised and professionalised public counter-terrorism action. Significant efforts have been made, but to make our societies even more resilient, the support and involvement of the private sector seems indispensable. The round tables that will be held during this half-day session will examine the co-production of security and the place and involvement of private operators in the prevention of terrorist actions, in particular around two axes: the financing of terrorism and the digital world (hosting and access providers, social networks, etc.). From a comparative perspective, we ask how the experience gained in the prevention of financial flows for the purposes of political violence can be useful to decision-makers in the new digital technologies?
- Nicolas Eskenazi, Docteur en droit, Université Paris-Est Créteil
- Jean-Christophe Cabotte, Responsable de la coordination LCB-FT.
- Solenn Clément, Avocate au barreau de Paris, Fondatrice et présidente de l'Observatoire de la lutte anti-blanchiment et contre le financement du terrorisme.
- Maryvonne Le Brignonen, Traitement du renseignement et action contre les circuits financiers clandestins (Tracfin) / Groupe d’action financière (GAFI)
- Guillaume Farde, FIDELIS ET ASSOCIES, Partner