With 1,000 exhibitors, 30,000 French and international visitors and 150 official delegations expected, this 22nd edition is a unique opportunity to discover the latest technological innovations in homeland security, share the market vision and all the knowledge of international experts who will speak in French and English, in different formats: keynotes, conferences, case studies or round tables.
In partnership with the Institut des Hautes Etudes du Ministère de l’Intérieur (IHEMI), Milipol Paris is staging a new series of talks focusing on international issues for homeland security. Yann Jounot, Préfet, Chairman & CEO of Civipol and President of the Milipol trade fairs, will introduce the opening talk on the main theme: Peacetime, Times of crisis, Exchanges at European level.
A market in full recovery
The health crisis has caused an unprecedented drop in security spending worldwide since the Second World War. However, this decline is less pronounced than that of the general economy, and there are significant variations between regions of the world. The recovery is already evident in 2021 for the global market of internal state security, which represents nearly €150 billion, or about a quarter of total security spending.
Some key figures (source: En Toute Sécurité 2021 study) :
- The global security market (electronic and physical security, cybersecurity, homeland security, human surveillance, fire prevention, cash transportation, etc.) fell by 3% in 2020 to €605 billion.
- The global security market looks set to grow by 8% in 2021 and 6% in 2022.
- North America is positioned as the leading region for homeland security and defense spending, with 36% of the global total in 2020, ahead of Asia/Middle East (32% share) and the European market (22%).
- A 3.1% decline in the total French security market in 2020 to €29.7 billion, and a return to growth in 2021: +5.2%.
- An 8.6% decline in the French homeland security market in 2020 to €3.6 billion with a return to growth in 2021: +5%.
- The French cybersecurity market held up well in 2020: +4.8% at €4.7 billion with growth forecast at 9.7% in 2021.
- The French airport security market (human surveillance only) collapsed in 2020: down 39.7% to €324 million with estimated growth of 24.3% in 2021.
- Slower growth in the French video surveillance market in 2020: +1.5% at €1.5 billion, with 3.9% growth forecast in 2021.
- Growth in the French surveillance drone market was cut in half in 2020: +5.8% at €93 million, with a forecast of +7.8% in 2021.
The areas at Milipol Paris 2021
Organized in France every two years, Milipol Paris owes its reputation to the professionalism of its participants, its resolutely International orientation, and the quality and number of innovative solutions exhibited. The exhibition covers all the fields of internal security of the States.
A true incubator dedicated to new technologies, this space highlights the entrepreneurial dynamics of the security industry by promoting the growth and innovations of start-ups.
Discovery village area
The opportunity to discover solutions proposed by companies exhibiting for the first time at Milipol.
The sectors at Milipol Paris
Data Protection - Information and Communication Systems / Business Intelligence - Industrial Watch / Systems Integrator / Risk Analysis and Management / CBRN / Civil Security / Technical and Scientific Police / Law Enforcement / Anti-Terrorism - Special Forces / Protection of Industrial and Sensitive Sites / Fight against Organized Trafficking / Security of Public Places - Urban Security / Transport Security / Port and Airport Security - Border Control / Road Security / Banking and Fiduciary Security / Penitentiary Sector / Oil and Gas Sector / Fight against Terrorism / Urban Security Urban security / Transport security / Port and airport security - Border control / Road security / Banking and fiduciary security / Prison sector / Oil and gas sector / Fight against cyber threats and cybercrime / Private security.
- Tuesday 19, Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 October: 9 am to 5 pm
- Friday 22 October: 9 am to 4.30 pm
Paris-Nord Villepinte exhibition centre
Press accreditation: click here
Press Contact - ØCONNECTION
- Valérie Hackenheimer - firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 6 12 80 35 20
- Virginie Heuzé - email@example.com - +33 6 46 05 26 31
Milipol Paris, the leading event for Homeland security and safety, is organized under the aegis of the French Ministry for the Interior, in partnership with the French National Police and Gendarmerie, the French Civil Security and Crisis Management Department, the Ministry of Economy and Finance with the French Customs Department. The MILIPOL brand embodies high quality, international events covering the Global Security Ecosystem. It is represented by Milipol Paris, Milipol Qatar and Milipol Asia-Pacific, so creating the world’s leading international network of events dedicated to solutions, technologies and innovations for Homeland Security and Safety. https://www.milipol.com/
At Comexposium, our business is to create connections. Globally, face to face and digitally, we bring people together to meet and do business. Comexposium is one of the world’s leading event organizers. It hosts B2B and B2C events all around the world and across many different sectors, such as agriculture, fashion, retail, food industry, health, security, construction, tourism, education...
Comexposium welcomes more than 3, 5 million visitors and 48,000 exhibitors annually throughout the world.
Headquartered in France, Comexposium’s employees and sales network operate in 20 countries.