With this game change in protective headgear, MKU is set to revolutionize safety standards for military personnel, law enforcement officers, and security forces worldwide.
The Kavro Doma 360, a first-of-its-kind rifle-rated ballistic helmet, has in a few hours generated a buzz that's hard to ignore. It promises unparalleled protection against the formidable firepower of rifles, especially the AK-47. Let's dive into what makes the Kavro Doma 360 a head-turner:
- The World's First Uniform Rifle Protection Helmet: The helmet is leading the industry in uniformly protecting against threats like the AK-47 MSC, M80 NATO BALL, and M193 rifle bullets, proven by 5 rounds of bullets tested in 5 zones of the head (front, back, left, right, crown) without the need of add-on armour.
- The Only Boltless Rifle Protection Helmet to Date: It’s the first anti-rifle helmet in the world that does not have bolts or any metal parts. When a helmet is bolted, the risk of the bolt penetrating the skull on impact is higher due to weakened areas. Furthermore, there are no rifle-rated bolts at the moment. The Kavro Doma 360 has a boltless shell which means it provides 40% more protection area against even AK-47 assault rifles than standard helmets.
- >20mm Back Face Signature (Blunt Impact Trauma): It’s the first time in the world that a rifle-rated helmet can maintain a resulting Back Face Signature/Trauma of less than 20 mm, against bullet impact from AK-47 bullets (7.62 x 39mm MSC at 710 +15m/s from 10 meters). The ‘Back Face Signature’ is a way to measure how much a protective helmet deforms or indents on the inside due to the impact of a high energy bullet. The Kavro Doma 360 absorbs impact, substantially reducing the risk of injury due to resulting trauma to the wearer's head.
- Advanced Harness System with Dynamic Impact Technology: The helmet is precision-engineered to provide additional protection from not just straight impacts, but also rotational/angular impacts which are known to cause concussions or brain injuries. In addition, it comes with a top-to-chin (longitudinal) and side-to-side (lateral) harness adjustment functionality for highest stability and a snug fit.
- Weight starts at 1.45 kgs: For HCH Small.
- Maximum Compatibility (with MACS):It allows seamless integration with all advanced head-mounted devices and combat-equipment such as night vision devices, communication devices, masks, mandible, torches and other head mounted gears and equipment etc.
Mr. Neeraj Gupta, Managing Director of MKU, says, "Our commitment to our heroes has been unwavering since we first got into soldier protection. The Doma 360 is the culmination of 5 years of relentless R&D and the uncompromising resolve to develop this for forces globally. All of us at MKU are filled with emotion, because we have finally been able to take it to the world.”
Thoughts from soldiers and police across the world on this helmet are unanimous; that it's not merely an upgrade; it's a transformative leap in protective headgear for high-risk scenarios, making almost all existing helmets obsolete. Its impact is poised to be felt far and wide, making it a standout development in the realm of defence equipment.
MKU Ltd. is a global defence and homeland security company on a mission to empower heroes. They are one of the leading solution providers for advanced optronic and ballistic protection solutions for soldiers and platforms for military, paramilitary, homeland security, police and special forces. With a customer base in over 100 countries, MKU strives to empower heroes, who stand in the line of duty, through their smart solutions that deliver confidence. Their operations are based in India, Germany and UAE. They have provided protection to over 3 million soldiers and 3000+ platforms, across 230 forces, till date. Their Kavro protection solutions offer enhanced ballistic protection, modularity and combability for missions, using smart technologies, design and functionality. These include combat helmets, body armor, ballistic shields as well as ballistic solutions for naval, air and land platforms and vehicles. Their Netro range of smart optronic devices provide excellent aiming, airborne, surveillance and situational awareness capabilities for handheld, weapon-mounted or head-mounted usage.
To know more, and keep track, follow MKU’s: https://www.mku.com/