The Milipol Innovation Awards are reserved for all the companies which will exhibit at Milipol Paris 2017. Competitors could submit their application online on their Exhibitor Area from the beginning of July. The awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday 21st November during Milipol Paris 2017 for the following categories:
- Cybersecurity (fight against cyberthreats and cybercriminality solutions)
- Safe and smart cities (Transportations & connected car security & safety, smart lightening, videosurveillance, monitoring…)
- Individual Equipments / first responder protection (materials, textiles, fabrics & accessories)
- Drone & anti-drone systems, robotics
- Crisis Management (emergency population warning systems, crisis management, command & control)
Alongside the Milipol Innovation Awards ceremony, a prize will be given by the French Ministry of the Interior to the startup Aquilae, winner of the “smart video surveillance” experimentation.
This experimentation, managed by the ministerial data manager, assisted by cap digital cluster, was led during 2017 first semester in partnership with “DMAT” & “Préfecture de Police”. The aim of the experimentation was to evaluate the real time images analysis solutions thanks to artificial intelligence.
Jury and Criteria
The jury will be composed of international experts in their field (other experts will be announced soon).
French Institute of Geopolitics
Professor, Chairwoman of the Castex Chair of Cyber Strategy
PA Consulting Group
Management Consultant, Defence & Security Expert
Colonel Eric FREYSSINET
National Gendarmerie (DGGN)
Chief Digital Strategy Officer (MNGN)
• SAFE AND SMART CITIES
Frost & Sullivan
Principal Consultant - Aerospace, Defence and Security
Managing Director Asia Pacific
• INDIVIDUAL EQUIPMENTS / FIRST RESPONDER PROTECTION
SAELSI - Ministry of Interior
Assistant Manager in charge of Equipments
RAID - Ministry of Interior
• DRONE AND ANTI-DRONE SYSTEMS, ROBOTICS
Peter VAN BLYENBURGH
SDMIS 69 SIS Département Rhône and Lyon Metropole
French Firefighter Officer
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Uwe MEINBERG
Brandenburg University of Technology
Head of Chair and Head of Board (CURPAS e.V)
• CRISIS MANAGEMENT
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
Senior Programme Officer, Energy Security
Crisis Response Journal
Editor in chief
French High Committee for Civil Defence (HDFDC)
The evaluation of entries and the selection of the finalists will be done thanks to the following criteria:
- Innovative nature of the technology, product, etc. proposed by the competitor (10 points)
- Opportunity for the market (8 points)
- The relevance of the arguments (2 points)
Finalists will be displayed on the Milipol Paris Website as well as in the exhibitor catalogue.
Entry terms and conditions
- Free competition only open to exhibiting companies (which are not part of the jury members) of Milipol Paris 2017.
- To agree with the competition rules.
- To complete the entries in English on the Exhibitor Area by 19 September 2017 at 7pm (GMT+1).
- Competitors may submit one or more entries, and a same entry can be submitted in two different categories max.
- Any technology, product, etc. submitted must:
- Have been released or officially announced between 21 November 2015 and 21 November 2017.
- At least, be prototypes which can be presented to the judges if requested.
End of June
Launch of the competition.
19 September 2017
Deadline for entry deposit (7pm, GMT+1).
25 October 2017
Deadline reviewing and evaluation by jury.
2 November 2017
Announcement of Finalists.
21 or 22 November 2017
Announcement of Winners and Awards Ceremony during the event.