The Milipol Innovation Awards were reserved for all the companies which exhibited at Milipol Paris 2017. The awards ceremony took place on Tuesday 21st November during Milipol Paris 2017 for the following categories:
- Cybersecurity (fight against cyberthreats and cybercriminality solutions)
- Safe and smart cities (Transportations & connected car security & safety, smart lightening, videosurveillance, monitoring…)
- Individual Equipment / first responder protection (materials, textiles, fabrics & accessories)
- Drone & anti-drone systems, robotics
- Crisis Management (emergency population warning systems, crisis management, command & control)
Alongside the Milipol Innovation Awards ceremony, a prize has be given by the French Ministry of the Interior to the startup Aquilae, winner of the “smart video surveillance” experimentation.
This experimentation, managed by the ministerial data manager, assisted by cap digital cluster, was led during 2017 first semester in partnership with “DMAT” & “Préfecture de Police”. The aim of the experimentation was to evaluate the real time images analysis solutions thanks to artificial intelligence.
FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS
FSS50 - First portable fire extinguishing charge
Booth 6 B 014
Description: FSS50 is the world's first portable fire extinguishing charge, with exceptional features: Neutralizes all class fire starts: A, B, C, E and F Autonomy: 50 seconds (one extinguisher of 9Kg has a duration = 26 seconds !!!) 27 cm, 220 gr and 3.5 cm Ø Unlimited lifetime Maintenance free and overhaul Eco-compatible, without residue CE conformity.
Brainchip Accelerator Hardware for Neuromorphic Computing
Booth 6 A 062
Description: Branchip introduces world's first commercial hardware acceleration of neuromorphic computing. The PCI-Express card implements spiking neural networks that actually work like the Brain. This represents a significant milestone in the development of neurocomputing and for the future of Artificial Intelligence. Along with BrainChip Studio software, the award winning New Product of the Year by Security Today Magazine in Video Analytics category,it learns from a single pattern as small as 20x20 pixels and performs recognition in low-light, low-resolution, noisy environment, processing up to 16 videos channels simultaneously, helping intelligence organizations in massive image & video processing.
Drone & Anti-drone Systems, Robotics
HGH INFRARED SYSTEMS
V-LRF option for SPYNEL
Booth 6 G 218
Description: The V-LRF powerful innovation for HGH's Spynel-S and Spynel-X aims to facilitate the identification phase of any threat detected by Spynel's panoramic detection system. Indeed, the user will be able to use a x30 continuous optical zoom thanks to their full HD Visible Channel, in order to keep an eye on the threat and to recognize the smallest objects. The other option is an eyesafe Laser Range Finder, whose mission is to provide the user with accurate data regarding the distance and location of the threat, be it on land, at sea or in the air.
Individual Equipment / First Responder Protection
FusionSight - Compact monocular
Booth 6 R 089
Description: FusionSight® is the world- first compact monocular that combines a colour visible low light sensor with a thermal image sensor, to be used separately or in smart digital fusion.
Safe & Smart Cities
Air-Lynx Manpack ALM 17000 - 4G LTE backpack radio network
Booth H 218
Description: In order to solve the communication problems of tactical and mission critical operations, the french company AIR-LYNX propose its ALM 17000 ManPack. This is the first 4G LTE backpack radio network of the market to be as compact, lightweight and fast to deploy. All that is required to operate the network is concentrated in a single box. In less than 2 mn, users are able to create a full private 4G LTE Network solution that provides high speed data connexions access to the voice, video and PTT, anywhere and anytime. Ideal for military, security, public safety and first responders networks.
Jury and Criteria
The jury was composed of international experts in their field.
French Institute of Geopolitics
Professor, Chairwoman of the Castex Chair of Cyber Strategy
PA Consulting Group
Management Consultant, Defence & Security Expert
Colonel Eric FREYSSINET
National Gendarmerie (DGGN)
Chief Digital Strategy Officer (MNGN)
• SAFE AND SMART CITIES
Frost & Sullivan
Principal Consultant - Aerospace, Defence and Security
Managing Director Asia Pacific
• INDIVIDUAL EQUIPMENT / FIRST RESPONDER PROTECTION
SAELSI - Ministry of Interior
Assistant Manager in charge of Equipments
RAID - Ministry of Interior
• DRONE AND ANTI-DRONE SYSTEMS, ROBOTICS
Peter VAN BLYENBURGH
SDMIS 69 SIS Département Rhône and Lyon Metropole
French Firefighter Officer
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Uwe MEINBERG
Brandenburg University of Technology
Head of Chair and Head of Board (CURPAS e.V)
• CRISIS MANAGEMENT
Crisis Response Journal
Editor in chief
French High Committee for Civil Defence (HDFDC)
The evaluation of entries and the selection of the finalists have been done thanks to the following criteria:
- Innovative nature of the technology, product, etc. proposed by the competitor (10 points)
- Opportunity for the market (8 points)
- The relevance of the arguments (2 points)
Finalists are displayed on the Milipol Paris Website as well as in the exhibitor catalogue.
Entry terms and conditions
- Free competition only open to exhibiting companies (which are not part of the jury members) of Milipol Paris 2017.
- To agree with the competition rules.
- To complete the entries in English on the Exhibitor Area by 19 September 2017 at 7pm (GMT+1).
- Competitors may submit one or more entries, and a same entry can be submitted in two different categories max.
- Any technology, product, etc. submitted must:
- Have been released or officially announced between 21 November 2015 and 21 November 2017.
- At least, be prototypes which can be presented to the judges if requested.
End of June
Launch of the competition.
19 September 2017
Deadline for entry deposit (7pm, GMT+1).
25 October 2017
Deadline reviewing and evaluation by jury.
2 November 2017
Announcement of Finalists.
21 or 22 November 2017
Announcement of Winners and Awards Ceremony during the event.